An innovative, data-driven executive with over 30 years of progressive experience in service delivery, sales management, operations management, and business development. Highly effective in building results-oriented teams by setting a common vision, developing key performance benchmarks and establishing strategic relationships. Strengths include strategic and tactical leadership skills, innovation, team-building, vision, customer focus, and business acumen.
SILICON GRAPHICS INTERNATIONAL (SGI) 2010 – 2017
Senior Vice President, SGI Global Services/President, SGI Federal
Held two key executive positions at SGI: Senior Vice President, SGI Global Services, and President of SGI Federal.
As Senior Vice President, SGI Global Services, responsible for leading a global organization of ~400 services professionals responsible for all aspects of customer support services, professional services and consulting services sales, delivery and account management. Manage a full-stream worldwide services P&L with a budget of $90M in support of approximately $180M in services revenue. Responsible for shaping and growing the global services organization that supports SGI’s growth strategy, and establishing the infrastructure and capabilities to deliver best in class customer support, professional services, field service, and spares and warranty management.
• Expanded support services offerings and improved alignment with Product Sales to increase support services attach at point-of-sale by 45%
• Implemented a comprehensive Voice of the Customer/Net Promoter Program to improve cross-functional engagement and focus on Customer Satisfaction
• Successfully implemented a data-driven, metrics approach for delivering customer support services which reduced annual service delivery costs by 27% and improved customer satisfaction by 9%
• Developed new professional services offerings and delivery capabilities to increase consulting services revenue by 47%
As President of SGI Federal, responsible for delivering ~$200M of revenue, and operating the complete SGI Federal Subsidiary including, business development, contracts/legal, security, partner management, and services delivery. Provide leadership and direction for a diverse organization committed to delivering best-in-class high performance compute and data analytics solutions to the Federal Government and large Federal System Integrators.
SUN MICROSYSTEMS 2005 – 2010
Vice President, Global Customer Services – North America (2008 – 2010)
Responsible for leading an organization of over 1,400 services delivery personnel throughout North America responsible for all aspects of support services and managed services delivery and account management. Managed a full-stream services delivery P&L with a budget of over $500M in support of approximately $1.4B in support services and managed services revenue. Served as Executive Sponsor and trusted advisor for key customers.
• Improved alignment with Services Sales to significantly improve services attach rate, resulting in over $30M in additional services revenue
• Successfully developed and implemented organizational change initiatives which reduced annual services delivery cost by over $54M
• Improved Customer Satisfaction, as measured by Sun’s Customer Feedback Index (CFI) by nearly two percentage points, and reduced customer service defects by twenty percent.
Senior Director, Sun Federal (2007 – 2008)
Business Unit Senior Director responsible for leading a $310M IT Service Delivery organization in support of US Government accounts. Provided leadership and direction to a combined team of 360 professionals (240 direct and 120 indirect) across the country engaged in the delivery of support services, professional services, multi-vendor and managed services.
Director, Sun Federal (2005 – 2007)
Business Unit leader responsible for leading a $70M Services Sales and Delivery organization in support of US Government and select State and Local government entities.
• Increased multi-vendor support services revenue by 25%
• #1 Sales Team – NCR Americas Region – 2003 & 2004
• Increased professional services revenue by 30%
NCR GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS LLC 1997 – 2005
General Manager (2001 – 2005)
Provided management and thought leadership for all sales and implementation aspects of NCR’s Worldwide Customer Services offerings to the Federal Government. Responsible for hiring, coaching, developing and mentoring sales associates, managing account activities from a sales and implementation perspective; and maintaining and building strategic partnerships with Government Agencies, Integrators, OEMs, Value-Added Resellers, and Government Agencies.
Program Manager (1997 – 2001)
AT&T FEDERAL SYSTEMS 1990 – 1997
ARC PROFESSIONAL SERVICES 1987 – 1990
UNITED STATES ARMY 1978 – 1987
MS, Business Administration, Central Michigan University
BS, Information Systems Management, University of Maryland